Departemen Biology Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences University of Jember with Universität Kassel Germany, organized International Conference On Life Science and Biotechnology (ICOLIB 2015) by title “Exploration and Conservation of Biodiversity”. The activities were held in Ballroom Hotel Aston Jember on 28 to 29 September 2015 to bring scientists from several countries including Korea, Taiwan, Germany and from Indonesia itself. A number of experts from Universität Kassel Germany also appeared as a guest speaker in this activity. ICOLIB 2015 also the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the University of Jember with Universität Kassel Germany in the field of Biotechnology.
Invited Speakers are :
- Prof. Helmut Erdmann, Micro- and Molecular biology at University of Applied Sciences Flensburg, Germany.
- Prof. Wolfgang Nellen, Universität Kassel, Department of Genetics, Germany.
- Dr. Irdika Mansur, Director of SEAMEO BIOTROP.
- Chang-Su Park, Ph.D. Department of Food Science and Technology, Catholic University of Daegu, Korea.
- Prof. Dr. Bambang Purwantara, Indonesia Biotechnology Information Center (IndoBIC).
- Dr. Debbie S. Retnoningrum, Bandung Institute of Technology.
- Prof. Bambang Sugiharto, FMIPA, University of Jember.
- Dr. Srinivasan, Head of Entomology research of AVRDC, Taiwan.
In his speech, the Rector of the University of Jember convey the diversity of biological wealth is owned by Indonesia should really be fully utilized. It also must be balanced with conservation efforts on an ongoing basis. “As well as wealth of biodiversity in Baluran, there is very much that we have to preserve, such as elk and bison we have to start learning how raising animals are threatened with extinction,” said Moh. Hasan Rector of the University of Jember. Rector admitted, he was very interested to learn how the existing deer raised Universitat Kassel Germany. Because the University of Jember itself has considerable land to the captivity.